Emergency Veterinary Care
Emergencies, like accidents, can happen anytime and anywhere. Animal Care Center of Downers Grove is equipped to provide immediate emergency veterinary care to any sick or injured pet that needs it during regular office hours. Our team fully understands how stressful pet emergencies can be. When you bring your pet to us, you can expect responsive, compassionate treatment and prompt care for your companion.
Call Us for Immediate Advice
You may not always be able to tell whether an emergency is taking place. If you're not sure, call our hospital at (630) 852-1855 for assistance. We would be glad to offer instructions and confirm that your pet is not in immediate danger.
Is My Pet Having an Emergency?
If your pet is having any of these problems, call or bring your pet in to see us right away:
- Trouble breathing, choking, or panting heavily
- Bleeding from nose/mouth/rectum
- Heavy bleeding due to injury
- Vomiting/diarrhea for more than 24 hours
- Pet is unable to walk or stand
- Possible broken bones
- Hit by a car
- Attacked by another animal
- Foaming at the mouth
- Appears disoriented, listing to one side
- Collapse, loss of consciousness
- Pale or white gums
- Very rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Abnormally high or low temperature
- Has possibly ingested something toxic
For After-Hours Emergency Care
The Animal Care Center of Plainfield offers 24-hour emergency medical care. If our hospital is unavailable, we strongly recommend that you and your pet go directly to this hospital for treatment.
I have been taking Tobi and Kassi here for many years. The staff is wonderful and so helpful. The vets are very thorough and take the time to listen and then make good recommendations. I highly recommend them! -Andrea D.